View Single Post
Old 14-02-21, 02:19 PM

Default IT REALLY ALL BUT IMPOSSIBLE TO DETERMINE BETWEEN WW1 & WW2 U.K. CAP BADGES ?

Good Morning Gentleman, I have been attempting to obtain an 'original' circa 1914 - 1920 production British Royal Army Cap Badge, preferably Officer's Grade, of the WW1 era South Staffordshire Regiment. Well, I have located numerous examples for sale, yet I remain hesitant to purchase one in that I am truly uncertain as to to ensure it will be of WW1 manufacture, & not of later WW2 era production ? I have briefly looked into this subject, yet can still not discern if of early manufacture ? ( Other than of course the visual clues, such as extensive aging, etc., of which they in themselves don't actually indicate anything except poor storage & or extreme usage. ) SO, ARE THERE ANY HINTS, OR CLUES TO LOOK FOR WHEN PURCHASING AN EXAMPLE FOR MY COLLECTION ? ALSO, what is the significance between relative attachment points on the badges' reverse, either an single 'slider', or the less commonly observed 2 loop type, with corresponding split pin ? I have once heard the ''loops w/ pin' type more often than not indicated an Officers' badge ? As you can see, I am very unsure as to what I need to look for in my pursuit of the proper, correct period SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE REGIMENT OFFICERS' GRADE CAP BADGE ? If anyone here would PLEASE be so kind as to assist me in this endeavor, I will be most deeply appreciative !! THANK YOU,

Best regards, dpast32 / Dom Pastore Jr.