View Single Post
Old 15-01-21, 06:59 PM

Dave, am both glad and thankful you are recovering. In answer to your question: How will I pass on my knowledge?

I had this very same issue when trying to write out a list of which badges were what and the background to each of them so I could pass my collection and knowledge onto my son when I eventually shuffle off this mortal coil. My list and written information eventually evolved into a book (well more of a guide really) that could be used as a reference material for anyone as well as my son.

Having acquired even more badges and expanded my collection including some very rare items, I was in a quandary, do I write a second edition of the guide as an update (and then a third and fourth as the years go by)?

As more information became available and new badges were acquired, I felt the best way forward was to create a website that could constantly be updated, added to and amended.

The best thing about this format is that its a source of information and images that can be accessed by anyone across the world be they badge collectors, historians or people who had family members who served in the regiment. Its even of use to badge dealers (some forum members complain about dealers not having a clue about their stock, my view is why not make an effort to educate them instead of constantly moaning about them)?

But one of the best things about the website is that I receive a regular flow of emails from people across the world who have seen the website either asking questions about a specific badge or giving me information about a badge. Truly a great way to share information for those who follow in our footsteps.

And if you are interested, the website can be found here

www.yorkandlancasterregimentbadges.com