View Single Post
Old 31-12-20, 07:49 PM

my uncle was in the paras in ww2 Africa,sicily,italy,arnhem,he got a military cross in sicily. when he and his men captured a german artillery gun and turned on the german positions. I have a photo of him getting his citation captured at Arnhem. captain stan panter his medals sold for 4 thousand pounds in London some years ago I which I could have bought them to add to my fathers if I had known they were for sale. lot of money though. my father was in bomber command navigator [whitley bombers]survived 5 missions I crash take landing 1 crash take off wounded left raf joined royal engineers 2nd leutenant d day plus 2 gold beach. france Belgium I have a photo of him and monty at a bbc showstand after the war I have his medals and badges and buttons and an original letter from monty to all troops on eve of d day his royal engineers officers cap and sash and officers bag I went on 70th d day commeration beaches, Pegasus bridge,museums that's when I started collecting arp,army air corp,parachute,glider pilot,raf,royal army and officer reserve,loyal service,afs,nfs badges and buttons very good site and helpfull in spotting real from fake