Thread: LRDG
View Single Post
Old 31-01-20, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeochil View Post
Read the receipt Keith, it came from the same seller. Not likely to the second part.

Edyc7 has already said he believes it's genuine.

Uber collectors. That's a very good description of them, if only you knew. Maybe reread my post on page four where I said "Thanks for the photos Steve."

I like learning and the badges being posted are great but so far the badges shown have significant differences between them and the badge sold by Steve Wende on ebay. So the questions should be.
1) Why are there so many differences between the badge sold on ebay and the ones posted here?
2) The badge was meant to have originally been bought from a veteran but no-one can name the veteran?

I question a lot of things because that's how you get to the facts if it's possible to get to them.
In answer to your first question, the Steve Wende badge whose outer lip is filed away is a Sand Cast variant as is the badge(left) depicted in my post #35 and also mentioned in “LRDG RHODESIA” post #46

The second badge(right) in post #35, is a Die-Stamped variant as are those in posts #52 and #59

Edy