View Single Post
Old 27-07-22, 11:13 AM

Smile B Coy, 2 WESSEX(V) Info

I've been following this thread with interest. In 1986 I took over command of the rifle pl (I seem to remember we were 6 pl) at Newport TA Centre on the Isle of Wight. We were part of B Company with its Coy HQ located, with another pl in Winchester and our 3rd pl in Southampton. Our Bn HQ was in Reading at Brock Bks. We wore the 'gold' coloured WESSEX wyvern badge. I believe (but can not confirm) that 1 WESSEX wore a silver staybrite cap badge (someone else my wish to address/confirm/deny that issue). Officers wore a wire embroidered version on a dark blue beret with a silver metal version for our No1 dress hats. We also wore epaulettes with the word 'WESSEX' embroidered on them - green for the 2nd Bn and blue lettering for the 1st. Wessex wyvern buttons were worn on No 2s. To the best of my knowledge we never wore the Hants and IOW Territorials badge. I left in 1987 - before the coy rebadged PWRR. I'm not posting this as an 'expert' - just someone who wore the kit and didn't question it at the time - and sadly probably should have paid more attention! Hope this is of some use to someone.