View Single Post
Old 23-01-09, 05:46 PM

Hi Paul

I haven’t got to the hair pulling stage yet, but I am quite exhausted trying to figure it all out! It’s good that everyone is so ready to help by offering advice, and posting up examples of badges that are possibly from the right period. Like you say I’d really be happy if I could get one that I feel is from the right date, like Jeanpit’s seems to be. I rather rashly snapped up this all-brass example the other day for the bargain price of £3.42, well I hope it was a bargain?

Mind, I think it is specifically for the 4th and 5th Territorial Battalions (and possibly 6th depending on which book you read)? It looks pretty genuine to me, comparing it with other examples I’ve seen for sale, mainly going by the slider, etc., but as I’m still so new to all of this I can’t be sure. After reading your last posting I hope it’s not too yellow! As ever all comments gratefully received.

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 20-06-09 at 01:40 PM.