View Single Post
Old 18-04-19, 01:41 PM

Default "Salient Circle" ?

Got a badge from a Belgian seller basically for the British Legion connection.

I am guessing it is from some sort of Ypres/veteran association conference/meeting. Have done a quick Google search but wonder if anyone has any information about the "Salient Circle".

British Legion - No problem.

XX11.Res.Korps - XXII Reserve Corps was formed in October 1914.On 29 October, attacks by the XXVII Reserve Corps began against I Corps north of the Menin Road, at dawn, in thick fog. By nightfall, the Gheluvelt crossroads had been lost and 600 British prisoners taken.

Salient Circle - Found 2 mentions , one in the Commonwealth War Graves Commision – Annual Report 1962/1963 :
"A pilgrimage to Ypres by the Salient Circle took place in June. The annual ceremony, organised by I'Association Belgique-Canada, at Adegem Canadian War Cemetery was held on 9th September 1962."

The other in The Queens Regiment Magazine December 1968:
"Salient Circle, Whitstable. Visit to Ypres salient....... the Saient Circle,Whitstable and Sittingbourne Branch (Sittingborne being twinned with Ypres)...."

Anyone any info about where/when they were founded etc , found a picture of one of their badges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Legion-Salient.jpg (73.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Salient Circle.jpg (71.0 KB, 51 views)