View Single Post
Old 07-05-21, 01:24 PM

Two things I’ve stated in posts going back awhile, Global Shipping charges exorbitant rates. Global Shipping claims to look after import duties. I’m not the only one to state these facts here on the forum. I even once explained that at least here in Canada, import duties are not due untill the goods being imported are over a certain value. Just this week, I viewed a cigarette card I fancied, on “buy it now” offer of 4.95 GBP. Plus over 16 GBP shipping and handling by Global Shipping. ARE THEY KIDDING? I’ve also written here in the forum that in the past, I wrote to a dealer explaining I would only bid on his Item on the condition that if mine was the winning bid, he ship the item via Royal Mail, tracked and signed for at the then price of 8.75 GBP. I won the item, he shipped as per requested and I’ve bought several more of his items since. I also noted that he later dispensed with G.S. Altogether! PEOPLE, At least check with your local customs people as to what the actual duties payable on certain items is.
Best regards, D.J.