View Single Post
Old 26-05-19, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Personally, I would not even consider Ebay, I much prefer to walk into an actual RBL shop and physically buy and walk out with whatsoever I might want, be it a box of Christmas cards or a poppy.
I feel the same way but people don't always have access to a shop , a lot will go on to the Poppy Shop website only to find that the items they want are not even available for sale there.

It is 11 days until D-Day and the first thing I knew about the anniversary poppy pin was when I saw it on eBay ........ and I'm an RBL member who regularly checks the Poppy Shop website.

A final point about eBay , a seller can sign up to automatically donate all profits from particular items directly to a charity of their choice. A charity ribbon appears next to the item and in the text it states what percentage is donated (seller also get back a portion of eBay fees).

The Royal British Legion has a "shop" on eBay but have no items at all for sale and haven't had anything for between 3-6 months (these were mainly signed football shirts which were auctioned off ).

Last edited by mike_vee; 26-05-19 at 09:38 PM.