View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlie63 View Post
Royal Artillery other ranks brass collar badges with the bullion officer's badge in the first photo Mark?

Do you know who had the first contract for the RAA officers and ORs hat badges when the QC version was approved on 26 May 1954 - Stokes or Amor?

Keith
Thanks Keith,

My copy of the Army's insignia design approval docs, cite that same date (as would be expected). However, I don't have access to the actual production contract records here, so I have no way of knowing which manufacturer was the first one contracted. Nevertheless, the next time we're digging around in Canberra, I will see if I can get an answer.

As for the British Army collars, I placed them in the reference collection to remind me to check suggestons that they were used/adopted on some early versions of the Patrol Blues uniforms. Perhaps others have heard the same? Either way, I was hoping to see if the AWM's uniform collection would provide an answer in due course. However, about 12 months ago, I was told all of the non displayed uniforms in the AWM's collection have now been vaccum sealed and cold treated to stop insect attacks. So, that avenue of research may be difficlt to pursue at present. Hopefully, others in the forum may have some information on the suggested adoption of the British collars... then again, it may come down to nothing provable.

Regards
Mark

Last edited by Mark Corcoran; 06-05-19 at 09:20 AM.