View Single Post
Old 31-07-21, 01:13 AM

Default Glamorgan Imperial Yeomanry slouch hat flash post Boer War

Have any of you Welsh collectors or anyone else for that matter ever seen the slouch hat flash worn by the Glamorgan Imperial Yeomanry on the turned-up side of the slouch hat. I have only ever seen one photo showing the flash reasonably clearly. It consisted of a number of dark and white vertical stripes, the broadest central stripe being white and centred by a presumably green leek. Certain authors have guessed at the colours but this is pure speculation. Can anyone tell me if they have an actual example and if so please can they post an image, I would be eternally grateful, thanks in anticipation, failing that if anyone has conclusive evidence of the colours that would be great. On the internet there is a book or regimental diary of WWI era showing stripes in white, brown, yellow and red but this is considerably later and does not agree with the flash. The uniform was dark blue with white facings and a drab or khaki uniform with white braid was worn as embellished service dress but none of this really helps, I need to see an actual example