View Single Post
Old 26-10-20, 04:59 PM

Default Just when you thought nothing could surprise you

Having reached 3 score years and ten I thought life had no surprises left, that is until I started to research my family history.

My Grandfather was a orphan and was an "inmate" (as the 1911 census referred to him ) of the Liverpool Blue Coat Hospital in Liverpool City Centre. Years later I went to the Liverpool Blue Coat School ( as it had become ) which was now located at Wavertree, I didnt know about the actual family connection until I started my research.

My Grandfather died when my father was 7 years old and it was at this time that my branch of the family lost contact with my Grandfathers two brothers. Not long ago and out of the blue I was contacted by a distant relative who family descends from one of my Grandfathers brother and I now know a fair bit about this side of the family which previously was a complete blank, if fact I didn't know any relatives even existed outside of my immediate family.

The relevance of this to the Military Badge Forum ?

Well it looks like one relative from this side of the family was in a Scottish Regiment which from photos appears to be the Liverpool Scottish but I have yet to confirm this.

Another relative Anthony Brydon was a 20 year old Irish Guardsman killed in April 1947 and buried in Khayat Beach War Cemetery Israel but making that even more amazing is that my fathers WW2 medal entitlement includes the CSM with bar Palestine 1945-1948.

It really is a very small world,

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A5DCA009-BC86-468C-BC44-436F3ACE10EF.jpg (85.1 KB, 46 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”

Last edited by Peter Brydon; 26-10-20 at 05:08 PM.