Thread: German items
View Single Post
Old 27-05-08, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbear View Post
well zinkers are only picked up by type collectors in great condition and collectors unders financial restraints normally for a starter.
Oh really...I didn't realize German collectors had to adhere to such regulations.

Quote:
Now to condone applying water, brushing applying heat and then petroleum product to these badges is just plain nonesense.
Nobody said to apply heat. The methods mentioned in previous posts are recommended by a great many advanced collectors. Vaseline merely seals the badge. Obviously one would give a gentle cleaning and a thorough rinsing. The point of this is to remove the zinc pest...so that it cannot continue to deteriorate the badge.

Quote:
Guys there are some things you need to leave and let live they have done their time IMO and that FLAK posted would be one not to be touched
It's fortunate that you are not curator of the museum where this badge resides, then.

What exactly is your problem with anyone who has a slightly differing opinion to yours...why are you even on forums if you have such difficulty interacting with other human beings? Give it a rest, I grow tired of your nonsense, attitude and indecipherable ramblings. And, I'm certainly not alone.