View Single Post
Old 03-11-19, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretani View Post
I would ask if there are any other marks on the TOS to indicate if it has had another badge attached to it at any time.

My gut instinct would be a mis-match. That said I am aware of unusual combinations being in existence. Did the Seaforths ever provide Permanent Staff Instructors to the London Scottish which could be an outside possibility and explanation?

By way of example, I was told the story of a CO of Glasgow and Strathclyde UOTC who a few years ago ordered all of his permanent staff to wear their capbadges on the TOS as that was the headdress of the unit.

I think you are correct,
On the inside of the beret where the patch is sewn, there appear to be multiple holes where previous badge(s) must have been, but on the outside only the two holes... After removing the Seaforth Highlander badge there was no "ghosting" or difference in color which would indicate it had been there for some time...as that isn't the case, I suspect the original London Scottish badge was removed at some point and replaced by the SH badge for some reason....

Am I correct in assuming the patch is that of the London Scottish?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191103_131428.jpg (68.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191103_131412.jpg (93.1 KB, 34 views)