View Single Post
Old 04-03-16, 07:52 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffMJ View Post
Other Ranks Cap (post 1907) & badge (post 1902). Officers wore the "all" Scarlet Hussar cap with silver & gilt cap badge. Post 1903 the Officers had the addition of the scroll on their cap badge.

* Forget the turned up scrolls....... its a red herring. The large majority of the images I have ....show the scrolls flat (as above image).
** 1902-16 there was time for two issues..... from 1916-19 the 1st/1st were EEF/France. They laid up their DHY Guidon and 24th Btn Colours in 1919 in a parish church in Denbighshire.
*** The UK based (from 1915) 2nd/1st had different issues by the look of their bronze cap badges in photos.
**** Post 1919 they were "in name only" and Territorial Artillery wearing RA insignia as the DHY proper had disbanded in 1919.
Griff,
I agree that the Ich Dien scrolls are quite often fashioned/tweaked probably at Regimental level, not sure what the other gobbledegook is Related to, however two units within the same small organisation are unlikely to have different badges authorised/issued or for that case purchased.

I don't profess to have the slightest inclin with regards to caps and headdress but the forage cap you show may well be an ORs however the badge looks like an officer quality example?

Thanks for your reply as always

Andy