View Single Post
Old 02-01-10, 02:32 AM

Sean, not sure about the small badges at all. As far as i am aware the collar badges were identical in size to the cap badge. The usual tell tale being the cap was on a slider (though probably not always) and the collars on lugs. The badge you have here is the early version worn by the East Riding of Yorkshire Imperial Yeomanry. I have 3 postcards which i will scan tomorrow of the badge being worn. I am not aware of the badge or its succesor being made in wm though it may be due to me not finding one!?! Its easy to prove a badge exists but almost impossible to prove it does not!
The ERYIY badge was worn up until about 1920 when it changed size and had a scroll fitted `FORRAD`. The badges you have IMO for what its worth are not `hansome` enough compared with examples i have seen (the two small badges that is). The badges also do not show the signs of age that you would expect. I will dig out some of my badges as well and show the `elegant` beast used on the ERYIY & ERY badges.

White metal on hunting red collars would stand out far better than a brass (ERY) collar. This would explain the size differance as well.
Cheers, Dave

Last edited by Alan O; 12-09-14 at 11:42 AM.