View Single Post
Old 08-01-15, 08:36 AM

I know an officer in St. Marys College Crosby CCF,( he is also a keen collector ).The unit is currently affiliated to The Parachute Regiment.

I know from Regimental magazines and other sources that the unit was affiliated to the Liverpool Irish in the late 1940`s and later affiliated to the Royal Tank Regiment.

My acquaintance has made enquiries at the school but has been unable to find anything about the unit at the time of these earlier affiliations and this I think is fairly typical.

I have also made enquiries with Old Boys Associations about the CCF units and their insignia in the Liverpool Schools which no longer exist ( Liverpool Collegiate, Liverpool Institute and Waterloo Grammar School ) with limited and/or no success so I can well appreciate what Alan says.

P.B.

( I came across this illustration of a title to a Liverpool School cadet
unit yesterday which I had not previously noticed )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4133.jpg (49.6 KB, 0 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”