View Single Post
Old 23-02-08, 10:47 AM

I'm erring to Denbighshire on this one. I tried looking through Books by Smith, R.,J., and Harris, R., G., The Uniforms of the British yeomanry Force 1794-1914Yeomanry, 1988, but they they don't have any photos of the Wiltshire Yeo either. Howerever, their description of the headdress is the normal staff pattern forage cap, blue with a scarlet band and piping. I cannot see any piping on the trooper photograph.

As far as location is concerned, Llundudno was and still is a major tourist attraction for lots of people. All sorts of people would have visited the lovely seaside town and had their photos taken. For this reason, I believe we should not look at where the photo was taken but concentrate on the identifiable features of the uniform.

The Flintshire records office makes no mention of the unit being earmarked for the Imperial Yeomanry and they never served in South Africa during the second Boer war. Therefore, we could assume that K&K would not list a badge under that section. It still begs the question though, why no author has compared the Wilts and Denbigh badge of this era as they are very similar.

Just some thoughts,

Garry