View Single Post
Old 06-02-21, 05:31 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
I don't want to sound negative, but you are probably going to have great difficulty in getting anyone to take any meaningful action. The auction house will not tell you anything. They may offer to forward any correspondence from you to the seller/buyer, but I doubt it. In effect, if they did so, they will be engineering a problem for themselves. The buyer may then tell the auction house that he wants his money back and the seller is likely to ignore you altogether!

You say that the medals have changed hands a couple of times. This in itself complicates matters further.

As others have said, this practice does go on. Its not right, but its difficult to stop. You may regard it as a point of principle to chase it. But, I fear you may die in a ditch doing so.

Dave.
Thanks Dave. Yes you are probably right. But I am going to give it a go. I have to try. Allowing this sort of thing to happen just doesn't sit right with me. It is so disrespectful. To quote from a famous movie "but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you"