View Single Post
Old 06-02-21, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
If there are any offences disclosed, it would be for the person who parted with cash and who bought the (dodgy?) medals to make the complaint. If anyone was duped it was that person. Not you. Ideally, you need to make contact with that person, if you can track him down. He should then take his complaint to the appropriate trading standards dept. I would not even attempt to get the police involved. They would simply point you (or him) in the direction of trading standards.

Dave.
Thanks Dave, surely the act of making up fake documents to accompany war medals in order to pass them off as something they are not is fraudulent regardless of who the injured party is. If I get no success through the auction house I will go to trading standards. The auction house will have records as to who put the items into the auction. I know that the lot was originally put into the auction house initially in May last year in a different format in that there was an extra medal in the set. That lot was withdrawn for whatever reason. When it was put back into the auction in the November it was a three medal lot. Very strange!