View Single Post
Old 21-02-21, 07:33 PM

VERY NICE Chris, I appreciate your sharing. I usurp have a great deal of my collection set all up & displayed in my 'formerly finished' basement. Honestly, it was really nice, until that dreaded day back in 2010 when my area was hit with what they referred to as 'The Flood of the Century' !! And you can take it from me, they were for once being totally accurate !! I ended up with over 12" of water in my beautiful collecting world, which after the local Fire Department pumped out all the water, we had to literally rip everything bout, right down to bare concrete !! Needless to say, that was the bitter wolf my displaying days !! Luckily, with my help I managed not to lose anything, but I've been living with 55, 50 gallon Tupperware bins full of my Library still stored in my garage. Ohhh how I miss all my books. So now, I pretty much just dream about displaying everything again. Plus, my wife keeps telling me I'm getting too old for 'playing with medals & stuff'. She wants me to sell it all off. I told her that as soon as she sells off all her 200 +/- pairs I of shoes, I'll think about selling my collection !! SORRY for the rant here, but sometimes I get carried away when thinking about that 2020 debacle.

Regards, Dom P.