View Single Post
Old 17-02-21, 05:36 PM

THANKS YOU 'High Wood', I appreciate it ! I've managed to document his WW1 era service in detail, of which I was very pleased. This was my very first M.C., & with it being to an American makes it even more intriguing. My first collecting love has always been British awards, although I've backed off them somewhat to focus on local awards to my native State of Rhode Island. Every once in a while I get truly lucky & locate a British Decoration awarded to an American from Rhode Island, now that is indeed unusual !! This may not be the proper venue to discuss such things, but suffice to say that it's an extremely rare WW2 era, Geo. VI M.M., presented to a G.I. was was cut off behind German Lines during the Ardennes Campaign. He 'won' it for his actions on Christmas Day 1944 ! I've kept an early WW1 M.M. to a Canadian Lewis Gun Team L/Cpl.who remained in place in an effort to allow the balance of his Battalion to pull back during the St. Eloi Craters fiasco. So, as you can see, I truly love my U.K. / Commonwealth awards !!

Best, dpast32