View Single Post
Old 16-02-21, 02:40 PM

Good Morning 'CB', I truly appreciate your kind reply ! As I'm sure you're already aware, determining between an early WW1 manufacture versus later WW2 era production can be extremely difficult, unless of course you have available other indicators such as the rarely encountered Maker's Marking / Stamp. I had once read that Officer's quality Service Dress Cap Badges are often encountered in 'all brass' construction, although I honestly don't know how reliable that bit of information really is ? Along with that bit, the article went on to say that they were usually found with dual lug attachment points, with split pin, yet again I can't say how reliable these statements are ? My primary purpose here is to locate an example for display along with a WW1 M.C. Award Group I recently obtained, which had been presented to an American Physician serving within the RAMC, primarily attached to the 7th Battalion, South Staffordshire Regiment. I have found a candidate, but would prefer very much for you to add your comments as to it's suitability for my purposes ? ( I attempted to 'paste' it here, however was not successful ? ) So in lieu of that method, I will try to insert the actual Link for you to view. ( PLEASE SEE BELOW ) Hopefully I'm not breaking any of the Forum's rules by doing so ? And if I did, or am, I deeply apologize, ask for forgiveness. ) As we know, there are so very many examples out there, & when you're really not sure of what you need, it can become quite frustrating to say the least !! I THANK YOU again for your reply & kind assistance here, & will look forward to any additional comments & or input you wish to share. Take care,

Best regards, dpast32 / dpast32@aol.com

LINK:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/South-Staff...edirect=mobile