View Single Post
Old 16-02-21, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Wood View Post
Mark,

I am happy to debate, as it is what makes this forum so interesting.

However, I am slightly confused by your mention of a 1916 Economy Issue badge, as I was referring to the badge mention in Alan's original post.

I am also unsure as to why a badge manufacturer who had previously manufactured Leinster Regiment cap badge would resort to using a Welsh Regiment cap badge as the basis for making a Leinster Regiment E.I. badge.

Simon
I don’t really think there is a debate.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

This ‘curly scroll’ design is pictured in both KK and Gaylor. I strongly believe that like the East Surrey’s, Northants, Suffolks, tagged on scroll RDF and a slew of other badges bearing design mistakes or anomalies it is a WW1 made oddity.

Obviously if you want a primary source or picture of it in wear then fair enough I don’t think there is one yet. But like the above badges there is no SP instructing the change.

The braze hole question has been well discussed before I would suggest searching Lambourne and Tiptaft WW1 badges to see they were not always used.

The badge highlighted in post #1 is found both with and without braze holes from the same die.