View Single Post
Old 05-11-17, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Hello gents. Not having Westlake's book and some metal titles are not available from a Google book search, can someone tell me the Westlake I D number for the following titles for my records.

Honourable Artillery Company, H A C.. (serif letters)

Royal Corps/of/Signals,

School of Musketry, S OF M. (serif letters)

Army Veterinary Corps, AVC. (serif letters)

10th Royal Hussars, XRH.

Machine Gun Corps,MGC (with top and bottom bar) (serif letters)

Not sure about this one if this the right Corps.
Army Medical Corps, A.M.C.

7th Hussars, 7 H (serif letters)

18th Hussars, 18 H (serif letters)

All help will be appreciated.
Jo

As a follow-up to my original inquiry, here a photo helping identifying the two A.M.C. metal tiltes I was asking about......
All comments will be appreciated.

Also included is aphoto of two home guards shoulder tiles. The first one with the crown, is supposed to be from New Zealand...with regular lugs and without any maker marks.........can it be confirmed.
Aa for the second one.......possibly 2nd WW british.???......it has two "home made" wire lugs roughly "in the field" soldered with lead in the back.
All comments will be appreciated.

http://www.militaria.qc.ca/joe9.jpg

Thanks
Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.