View Single Post
Old 21-07-21, 12:20 PM

Location: A Yorkshireman in exile 'Up North' and an ‘Honorary Smoggie’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Hi Mike

The lot that I think you are referring to appeared to be from one collection (often photos are taken on the same background). I just didn't bother this time round as there wasn't much point....

I think we've all seen this "go one better" affair and I guess the new owner must really be committed to collecting this type of item. Most unlikely that they will ever be able to resell at even a fraction of what they've paid.

For me, it's the history of the piece and what you can learn about it through areas such as the Forum.

You, and others, have passed on info that I could never have found out by myself and for that I sincerely thank you.
I wholeheartedly agree with your statement when you refer to learning about a badge and it’s history. By doing such research, one gains a huge amount of respect for the munition and factory/ shipyard etc workers who not only had a hazardous job but also suffered ill health because of the noxious fumes that they were forced to endure on a daily basis. Unsung heroes in my opinion and the badge reminds me of the contribution they made to the war effort. My favourite OWS badge is beaten, chipped, scratched, discoloured ……but it proudly shouts its history and I would not part with it for all the money in the world.