View Single Post
Old 23-04-10, 06:31 AM

Default And Yet another Australian

Thanks to Alan and to Tinto.

for the last 40 years I have been helping my wife do research in to her family tree, I have the family tree of my Mum back to the early 1700s, but as the mother of my Dad was not really sure who her father was, and her mother seems to have had a few different "husbands" (seems like things never change, and we all thought this was a phenomenon of our modern times and the pill) so we cant get it clear as to who her parents really were, and I realise that doing family history can be more addictive than collecting badges, I have spent most of the last week entering details on the computer for my wife, as she has at last decided to get rid of all those bits of paper she has accumulated over the years, and while doing that for her, got a family member of mine who gave me all the details of the service of my Dad with 1st (Royal) Dragoons. it does appear, as the badge was so hard to identify, that the angle of his head had distorted the shape of the badge, but the hard copy of his attestation page does not lie (except his statement about his age) and thanks again for all the help given me on this site you can never know how much it has been appreciated.