View Single Post
Old 21-08-15, 07:06 AM

Default My Motto

I had my second Motto close to 21 years I got it from the PRI Private purchase and my silver one as well I got that later, It turned out the Silver one was a copy from a Firmin. Regimental PRI care not from were badges come from if they look the part and are cheap they will get them in and pass them on to the Lads and make profit.
These wont in many cases even be vetted by the CO as theirs no need as if they look the same who cares if its cheaper, back in the day all money was treasured for Beer token's. I remember when the Bronze Mottos came in.....................twice we were not amused more bills before exercise .

Having seen how many Badges/ Mottos get short shrift if they don't have the proper Mark by the purest which is a safe ish way to collect an Official Badge.
I feel you can miss out on much history on a real badge that may have a story to tell like my Motto a private purchase with a repair but you need to get the Badge from a soldier like that and not a dealer................and NO I am keeping my Motto. You also need to document it when you get it wise words I often get told by Rob well that should muddy the water again.

Mac