Thread: Colin Owen book
View Single Post
Old 22-04-15, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by natal01 View Post
Maybe an online badge 'book'which is capable of regular revision might be a solution, but then not everyone likes to share !
Regards
Mike
Not everyone likes to share for various reasons. In my case it's because no website is secure. Have a look at any of the FB groups that are to do with militaria and they are continually exposed to makers of fakes from at least Pakistan and sometimes Vietnam. Even though the mods are deleting these accounts they continue to join these sites. It's worth noting that the biggest dealers of Vietnamese fakes in the world are Aussies even though the majority of the items are made in the Dan Sinh markets in Ho Chi Minh City.
Anyone can pinch a photo from anywhere. Well I can so I assume anyone else can. If ones intention is to make fakes and he/she can steal a closeup detailed photo of the obverse and reverse, then it definitely gives them a leg up in my book.

My former site was 53 pages which I built and updated and that took a fair bit of spare time and I only scratched the surface regarding Rhodesian items. I would imagine making one for South African militaria would be a hell of a lot bigger job.

Just to finish on this, a lot of photos of the reverse of items I will only send by email. Call me paranoid but that's what I decided many years ago.