View Single Post
Old 02-03-10, 11:43 PM

Hello Eddie,

Without wishing to veer off tangent, would just clarify for the record that it has been Cyprus, Malaya and Malay Peninsula GSM'S that I have handled thus far - but would reaffirm and go with concensus of others here that I see no reason to believe that A.D.P. would not also have been present in Aden - and probably is missing on some of the cited listings of local units for the very reason that it was not a Federal unit.

Interestingly I checked my Malay Peninsula to the A.D.P. and his number is 7510 - which may well stand well with your reasonable suggestion that while 7000 plus Adeni's might not have been in the A.D.P. - but globally there may well have been as many that had served with entrants taking new numbers sequentially from a centralised block!

When I lived in Hong Kong I remember reading an article about the A.D.P. at Stonecutters Island including Sikhs / Pakistani's at Stonecutters and the unit was described as being very small in terms of numbers, which I opine was probably a common feature wherever they were deployed.

You have a nice medal there = well done!

Yours aye,
Mark