View Single Post
Old 07-04-14, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Stewart View Post
You need to get hold of a copy of "Dress Regulations", which in most cases covers all manner of dress and the badges to be worn with them by officers. These were updated as badges and dress changed.
Graham,

I guess I should have narrowed my question to post 1911 - 1922.

For the time period 1900 - 1922 I have copies of the 1900, 1904 & 1911 DRs and can see stand-up collars for undress Frock Coat and the patrol jacket and although details are given for collar badges on tunics, mess dress and service dress in the appropriate tables only the most general data is given in the paragraphs concerned for the Blue Patrol Jacket.

So I guess what I am looking for is did the Blue Patrol Jacket change to a turn down collar after this date or was it common to see those vertical grenades on the stand up collar?

Photographic evidence is not helping me with the Munsters or Dublins thus far as I find images of officers in undress uniforms hard to track down after the 1911 date, up till then I see horizontal grenades in use on the stand up collars. The embroidered tunic collar badges on the frock coat as indicated in the 1904 DR para 774 and horizontal metal badges on the Frock.

What is your experience with The Northumberland Fusiliers?

John