View Single Post
Old 04-04-19, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgecollector View Post
Hi T
i have been collecting for over 30yrs. have an extensive collection and have many friends with similar sized collections. its all of our view that sand cast badges did not get used in this period.
i have viewed many museum collections including the grey collection and the AWM collection and have never seen a sand cast badge amongst these old and established collections
i have known Jeff Cossum for over 30yrs and have discussed the 12th LHR badge with him. he has also indicated to me there is no evidence that sand cast badges were ever used.
thanks keith for your input. i thought i was out on my own again after questioning the 12th LHR in another thread.

only one contributor to this thread has indicated that cast badges were worn, the same person who legitamised the 12th LHR badge from the other thread. i think he's mistaken.

its the case that you have to make your own mind up.

i hope this has been of some help
bc
I also must concur with BC on this badge , I also have spoken to a few old time collectors of badges and the only badge they mention is the Camel corps sand cast badge and that also has to be viewed closely and carefully.

Cheers Rob