View Single Post
Old 22-11-21, 09:41 AM

Thinking about the photo of me in my post, the full and half wings in the frame back left almost certainly came from the list of the legendary Bill Tobin.

The RAEC brass badge on the piece of black pegboard came from an Army and Navy shop on Byron Street, Liverpool. They had lots of cap badges for sale displayed in the window. A lot of the other badges had belonged to family and friends of the family.

On a few occasions my Dad took me to a Junk Shop in Myrtle Street, Liverpool. In there were large boxes full of all sorts of metal military badges of all kinds. With hindsight you could have made a fortune if you had bought selectively and even better no one had ever heard of restrikes and if they had been mentioned , why would they be needed when there were more than sufficient genuine badges to satisfy the collectors of the late 1950s- early 1960s

Golden days

P.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”