View Single Post
Old 30-03-19, 04:56 PM

Default Tank Corps Oddity

Did a search for Tank Corps yesterday before I made my first post. That's why this thread ends up in this forum. Waded through the 20 pages that came up to see images and read opinions on what to look for when determining the validity of Tank Corps badge. Very informative. What I got out of it is (1) generally, lugs are a bad sign because of style of hat, (2) you would like the slider attached to the TANK scroll not higher, (3) white metal is a red flag, (4) images are important, but actually holding the badge really helpful and (5) the experts can tell who manufactured a badge even when no markings are present. One nugget that I read (although I don't think anyone commented agreeing or disagreeing with the post) was that Tank Corps badges were being made in Canada. That brings me to this badge which was purchased in Toronto at a militaria store in the early 1980s (when I started buying cool bits of metal with absolutely no idea what I was doing). I remember asking why is it painted and the seller saying "that's how they distinguished an officer from other ranks". Me then saying, "That's cool. I'll take it." (Quotes may not be exact, but that's how it played out.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC2 (1).jpg (62.4 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg TC2 (2).jpg (69.8 KB, 157 views)