View Single Post
Old 02-02-22, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brydon View Post
Even if you like military badges ( and presumably we all do or we would not be here on this site ) someone being prepared to pay this sort of figure ( for an item that perhaps should be in a museum ) does at the very least make you think that in this country some people can appear to be prepared to pay mindblowing figures on a badge whilst at the same time there are families relying on food banks and other families wondering how they are going to pay for their future energy bills.

Certainly food for thought !

P.
Unfortunately that is a hard reality of life and how it has always been without intending to sound crass or insensitive.

I expect many low income families could not spare the funds for the items you or I currently have for sale in the classifieds.

Long gone are the days when this was an inexpensive, swapsie hobby enjoyed by school children. For decades the hobby has increasingly grown out of reach for many.

Back to topic…

I’m surprised more SF collectors have not yet commented on this patch or ventured opinions on the current price.

I should like to hear the opinions of Mike B, Belly, 3battalion, HamandJam et al.