View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 03:58 PM

I like your 6th SA Armoured Brigade particularly, very nice indeed, a number of Rhodesians, serving members of the Rhodesian forces, were, in effect, also members of the South African Army and actually had two service numbers, the South African one with the S.R. prefix.
Again, a lovely thing and certainly not getting any easier to find these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loupie1961 View Post
i have already posted this thread in the Other colonial badges forum but to no avail, so I am trying my luck here. herea are two recent acquisitions. Two epaulette slip ons badged to the Southern Rhodesian Armed forces in WWII. One is the quite commonly encountered 6th South African Division Slip on with a Rhodesia metal title (I wonder why should have Rhodesian worn the orange tab, though!) the second one has a green cloth tab embroidered with Rhodesia in white. I guess such a slip on should have Royal West African Frontier Forces connections? Or could the dark green backing of the officer pips could have a connection to the King's Royal Rifle Corps, since many Souther Rhodesian served with the KRRC in North Africa? Thank you in advance for your help, gents!