View Single Post
Old 20-05-20, 02:15 PM

Default RAF Digitised Badges Catalogue

I have created my own digitised catalogue of RAF badges, which started with recreating some of the various unit badges where I have served, but has grown to include digitising new versions of all the badges that i've ever had an association with... and then beyond to recreate other badges that have been lost or do not have quality open source versions of.

I have got tired of struggling to find matching versions of crests etc so I have developed a template and have begun redrawing each badge to provide a easy to use and clear high resolution resource.

I am slowly making my way through Stations and Squadron Crests as well as various Flying Suit badges, my plan is to eventually put these up on a site for open use. I am not one to copyright for profit. This is for no other reason than personal interest and enjoyment.

I will post a few on this thread to see what folks think and to ask for suggestions for badges for me to redraw. If you have the grainiest examples of the original design, I will attempt to turn it into a modern hi-res version.

Let me know what you think.