View Single Post
Old 22-03-19, 10:17 AM

Default Book: Collector Guide for the Essex Yeomanry

Good morning / evening folks,

As I have mentioned on and off on the forum, for some time now I’ve been working on a book to document the badges worn by my old Regiment. I’ve now finished it, and am talking to a printer to make it real..

I have covered all the various roles – Yeomanry Cavalry, IY, Yeomanry, Gunners & Signallers plus chapters for the Band and Cadets, and the Home Defence badges based on the EY design. And scope-wise I went for the lot: cap, collar, shoulder titles, button, SNCO badges, cloth items etc. There are also chapters on maker marks, forgeries and restrikes etc. and separate data tables for dimensions, fittings and so on. It’s coming in at just over 100 pages & 130+ badges and I’ve managed to get colour images for almost all of the items.

Keith Hook, who will be known to many of you, has helped to review on historical accuracy. I have also been very glad to have several members of the forum also assist in reviewing the drafts and giving collector feedback (thanks again chaps!) Some various (lower res as they're screen grab) images are attached to give an idea of the project.

The printer is now asking how many copies, so testing the waters here to what interest there would be from members. It should come in at around £14.99 plus postage and if I can cover the costs then any surplus will go the Regimental charity. I hope to take delivery to then distribute them in April.

If this would be of interest please do let me know!

Michael / EY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Example cover.jpg (26.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg Example contents.jpg (58.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Example WEYC.jpg (51.0 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Example EIY.jpg (62.7 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg Example EY.jpg (54.8 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Example data table.jpg (64.5 KB, 72 views)