View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 09:04 PM

Hello Sean,
They would have been attached to a flip card (booklet), which would have been held by the Comd RASC HQ. Then only that specific card need to be shown would be shown to the relevant Comd of that specific unit.
That is about the same amount of cards that i have buddy. I do have a few more, which are in photo images, but they are very hard to find.
I would not have bought any of them, as the guy wants too much for them, so he can go take a running jump. Sell the bo9klet complete, yes, but page by page ??? Leech speings to mind.

There is a good book out there, which only covers WW1 and it is by Rod Dux & Mike Hibberd, who are members on the forum, it's called;

British & Dominion Formation
& Unit Vehicle Signage
1914-1918

It will give you a heads up on the path you will be travelling down.

Also, if i am correct, the RLC Museum has an original copy of the book of the WW2 Formation signs you have above. I believe that they also hold a database with quite a few others as well.

There is then the following signs to find;
UK/Wales, NI, Scotland
Iceland
Middle East
Palestine
Africa
India
Far East
Japan
USA
On top of that you also have to find,

Fleet Maritime
Air Despatch
Airborne
Tk Tpr Units

Basically the RASC units were stationed worldwide, so each area of operations would hold its own

You can contact the RLC Museum and arrange a meeting so as to list their unit collections and take note of the images.

This is a massive task you are undertaking, it is a very complex and difficult avenue to approach, so I wish you good luck.
Any signs woth a DUCK image was from DUKW units, Amphibious RASC

GOOD LUCK SEAN

Ken (the Fatboy)