View Single Post
Old 04-06-10, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
Hi Chris,

If there was an icon in the form of a white flag, I would now click on it, I am obviously crossing my wires somewhat here, I am well open to being corrected.

My one memory, which is still confusing me, is how, back in the 60's, we would do ' foreigners ' for mates, in regard m'bike and car parts, I have, on several occasions, stripped the chrome and re-polished parts for what I thought was anodising ( there were some weird and wonderful things going on in those days ) but I generally get most things wrong, so why not this time too ??

I still think that you are doing brilliantly with your work/book and can't wait for the outcome........

Dave.
Thanks Dave,

The manufacturing process of A/A badges is really quite interesting and little known - it was one of the more eye opening aspects of all the work I have done on these badges over the last few years.

As an afterthought - K+K may not have known the difference between electroplating and anodising in regard to badge manufacture hence the frequent use of the word 'anodised' and my issue with many A/A items in their book. As you all know; I know nothing about pre A/A badges but if some badges were actually electroplated then they may have mixed the terms up and called all 'shiny' badges anodised - just a thought.

Regards

Chris