View Single Post
Old 26-11-17, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
In 1978-80 on a few trips to Tel Aviv I visited a little "junk shop" in the stretch of Allenby Street that leads to the beach.
It was run by an ex- Zion Mule Corps man & amongst his wares were military insignia of that time & also some earlier bits & pieces.
I bought myself lots of insignia & berets & I got more for "Surplus Supplies of Cambridge which I passed on to them at cost price.
At that time you could buy headgear & rank insignia but I was unable to buy cloth formation signs, being told it wasn't allowed.
In Ben Yehudah there were a few surplus shops where you could find old respirators, dust goggles & the like.
All those places will be long gone, but try contacting Alex at "Historiama", he sells militaria & perhaps he can steer you to other outlets:

http://www.historama.com/history-sho...militaria.html

Some Israel based sellers offer items like insignia & berets on eBay, try contacting them in the hope they have suitable stuff that you can pick up?
Thanks Leigh, this is appreciated. Good to have an address for shop, it is near the area where we are likely to be living. We have yet to finalise a flat yet!

Jerry