View Single Post
Old 25-07-21, 11:10 AM

AIF_20210725_102920_570.jpg

IMG_20210725_111110_081.jpg
...am very much looking forward to the listing of identified items of insignia manufactured in Australia for the AIF...have been picking them up over here for 35+ years - this is nearly my sum total of trade/skill-at-arms badges, apart from a few duplicates...deciding on what is AIF and what is not it is at often times a tricky enterprise because the British Light Infantry regiments also wore blackened badges during the Great War - both trade and rank...they still do...also attached is an AMF order for the wearing of the Scout identification badge...I had a long personal association with an AWM curator who always made clear to me the difference between AMF and AIF dress regulations, and subsequent items...he also spoke of an instance of a Light Horseman wearing the Baden-Powell designed Scout badge (i.e. that which was influenced by the design of the north pointer of a compass) in a well-known publishing historian's private collection of photographs - but although often being told about it, he never managed to be shown it...(8{