View Single Post
Old 04-12-16, 08:48 PM

Mike,

The only member of T Force who features in the series is a Captain, he is based in an hotel surrounded by bomb damaged buildings in London ( I understand the Hotel scenes are actually filmed in a vacant office building in Liverpool ) and before the last episode he was trying to get a German Scientist ( who was brought to this country with his 8 or 9 year old daughter ) to help design a jet engine that would enable a British plane to break the sound barrier.

From the last episode, he now has another task and that is obtain from an elderly German lady the formula for the eau de cologne that her familys firm made in Germany and which amongst other things was used by German U boat crew`s to disguise the smell of their sweat. Of course she is the only living person who knows the formula.

To this you have officers from M.I.19 who are also operating in the Hotel and a young lady who is trying to track down German War criminals and who is not only not receiving any co operation from the British Authorities but is actually having obstacles put in her way.

I nearly forget there is an American Jazz singer and her band who practice in the Hotel basement, a brother of the Captain who has obviously got some problems caused by his experiences in the war and a friend of the Captain who seems intent in pushing his wife into the arms of the Captain ( which happened in the last episode ). And that is about it ( forgot about the knights in the Forest mentioned by Mike Jackson )

So the fact that the Captain is a member of T Force is probably just to have a reason for his being at the Hotel with the Scientist and the German cologne lady and if you haven't seen any of the episodes, on reflection, you haven't missed much.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”