View Single Post
Old 05-10-10, 12:06 PM

Default Repair of Badges

Dear All

I know people have been good enough to express their thanks to DaveC2 for the excellent way in which he has repaired badges on their behalf.

I would now like to do the same thing but this time because Dave has gone to the trouble of repairing something he has not had to do before.

I have a fairly rare 1930's Australian Corps of Signals Blue and Red enamalled badge. I have up until very recently not displayed this badge together with two collarr dogs of the same badge due to the poor condition of the cap badge.

I asked Dave if he would be prepared to have a go at repairing this badge. He kindly agreed and advised me that this would be his first attempt a cold enamalling.

I now have pleasure in attaching three photos for your pleasure.

1st is the damaged badge
2nd is badge repaired and cleaming where repair has been completed.
3rd set of three Aus Signals badges in a display case where they should have been a long time ago.

I believe some one on the Forum recently has recieved free badges from other members of the Forum may I just say that Dave did not charge me for this repair as it was a first attempt.

We have a wonderful Forum and I hope the above goes just a little way to say some super members.

Thanks again Dave

Chris Walker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aus Sigs repair for Dave 002.jpg (22.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Repairs 016.jpg (53.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Aus replacement in cabinet 013.jpg (48.8 KB, 89 views)