View Single Post
Old 15-04-12, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
Despite a lot of collectors averaion to the Staybrite badge, I've heard that this is one of the badges ideal for investing in for the future ?

It never fails to amaze me at the differences in the prices being achieved by the various A/A badges just lately ( needless to say I bet most of mine fall into the basement price bracket ), sadly, I don't have the nounce to recognise the rare and valuable badges, I do have one to the Wiltshire Regiment which I believe, isn't a ' cheapo '...........

However, those that can, must be in a position to collect a nice little " nest-egg " for the future and in recognising that fact, I for one must congratulate anyone who is doing this, so the winner of this badge must surely know what he's doing ??

Just my thoughts on this subject ........

Dave.
Hi Dave,

Some A/A badges are going up in prices unheard of a few years ago while most though will always be a five to ten pound item due to the vast numbers that were made.

I have identified 348 A/A badges that I have found to have been both officially authorised for issue and also manufactured. Add to this a further 10 that look genuine but for which I have no info on and we have 358 items. This total includes ACF and CCF units (which really are a law unto themselves) and Royal Marines.

Most ACF and CCF badges are scarce while some are very rare indeed. The Oakham School badge is relatively common and I was peeved at paying 17 pounds for mine a few months ago.

In my opinion there are 53 rare A/A badges out there in collector land of which, for some units, single pieces only are know of.

I am working hard to get this book finished by June and this seems achievable - all will be revealed then.

Regards

Chris

Last edited by hagwalther; 15-04-12 at 11:06 AM.