View Single Post
Old 26-10-13, 10:12 PM
Former Member

The plot thickens!

So this is a rare badge! If a genuine ORs badge does exist then it is most likely to be sporting a slider and made of GM?

If Andy is correct, and this is an "officer only" badge, and I hope he is able to share an image of his Extremely rare badge, then I would suspect what he has, is a very scarce OSD, with blade fittings, as that would be the only badge worn by even the most junior of officers c.1922-28?

I hope nobody gets hot under the collar about this thread, as it is only intended to provide fact! The first Household Cavalry cap badges, as is generally agreed were produced at the request of King George 5th? The initial issue appearing to be with blade fittings and they are fairly abundant with conversion/replacement sliders replacing the original blades! 1st LG, 2nd LG and RHG OR's badges also exist which were clearly manufactured with sliders, the former probably produced late WW1 up to 1922?

If during the short period 1922-28, new arrival "Ruperts" purchased 1&2 LG badges? then they would surely be in an OSD finish?

It would be nice to have mutually accepted result to this thread?

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 27-10-13 at 08:35 AM.