View Single Post
Old 13-03-20, 01:38 AM

That sort with the crossed over rigging, deep chunky centre and fat wings has been discussed on the forum before and I’ve seen them sold as copies. I believe them to be a lesser seen repro and am not seeking one for my own collection.

This one appearing with a Marples & Beasley slider doesn’t change that opinion but strengthens it.

The question would be out all the many repros with like Marples & Beasley marked sliders on them, why is this Para one real? The mark is the same as this supposedly WW1 1916 all GM issue 21st Lancers which is an out and out fake. Note the very wide Y.

I don’t doubt your OCA badge is real but comparing an embossed mark on a lapel badge with a stamped mark on a slider is for me apples and oranges.

Also I’m afraid a hard brass slider and good braze job doesn’t equal a genuine badge.

Those Grove, Smith & Wright and Jones & Jason marks shown are all fakes of that I am 100% sure. Even from the cut down pic I can tell the Grove slider is on a common Para fake with the angular crown.

I own a slidered Gaunt Para which is not a conversion https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...7&postcount=15
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B7E0BD81-FFDB-4E67-942F-0490EE6C0FCC.jpg (77.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 738585E1-A5AC-4789-9434-903ECADB8849.jpg (66.7 KB, 40 views)