View Single Post
Old 05-03-19, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrypicker View Post
You're right, I've a little bit confused by these terms.

Nevertheless, so far it is nearly impossible to tell for 100% what Regiment or Corps this side cap belonged to. Am I right?

And the badge is a restrike, right?
The RSG badge, genuine or fake / repro, I don't know.
I can't think of ever seeing Royal Scots Grey's, Sherwood Foresters, Welch Regiment or Buffs cap or collar badges with n/s lugs. If they exist then in the absence of an impression left on the fabric to indicate a particular badge has been fitted then it could have been any of them.
If the n/s holes in the cap are spaced as per those on a RE collar badge then I'd say that's the obvious candidate, and that if I "had" to badge it up I'd badge it as RE.
Looks like someone simply got a cap and stuck a RSG badge on it because that's the unit they thought it must be or wanted to display it as, or thought it'd be more saleable.
I bought a "RSG" CFSC years ago - but it was a RAPC cap with the wrong badge stuck on it.
Now I've had a closer look, I think my "RSG cap" that I thought may actually be a RAPC cap is probably a Hampshire Regiment one, the yellow being darker than the primrose shade of the RAPC.

Last edited by leigh kitchen; 06-03-19 at 07:25 PM.