View Single Post
Old 19-07-14, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
as you mention the error is in the html code and i have used the "MS-DOS/Windows way of specifying a path (using \) instead of doing it correctly (using /). ".

the code for the web pages were created automatically and I forgot to include the code to change a DOS path to URL path.

amendments to the web pages will be done as soon as i can do them.

Many thanks.
Many thanks to you.

It is realy a surprise to have the web-master being a member here. That makes talking a lot easier.

I ventured my critisism about the wrong coding here a bit strongly, never assuming that the code "owner" was tuning in. It was of course also a bit off topic here, but seeing that other members were having problems, I tried to explain to them that it wasn't their fault and that they also could not repair much in their own systems.

The second reason I posted is because I have some strong feelings about web sites being coded in a way that only MicroSoft customers can use them. These are all recognised standards and when coders on tthe server side and browsers on the client site do obey them, it just should work. Alone the saying "optimised for MicroSoft IE version such and such" makes me very badly tempered.

Looking forward to your pages being recoded and thus becoming available to those who do not use MS (for security reasons or financial resaons or other reason).

Interested in the lineage of the unit your badge represents?
Try: Regimental lineages