View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
Hello Tom. I assumed you had bought one persons collection, though it now sounds you have bought en masse, possibly from a dealer. While it can be accepted for a collection to have fake badges in its ranks- we all make mistakes, not so much of an allowance should be made for a dealer. In hindsight I can see your need to get opinion on the forum, and I hope your arrangement to return unacceptable badges works out. Have you estimated the percentage of bad badges so far? Regards, Paul.
Hi Paul, I agree but what can one do but make arrangements for return of fakes and get help determining which are good and which bad. One of course always hopes that no one willfully sells bad items especially when he seems to have a decent reputation (or so I gathered from reading through some threads here prior to buying) as a seller but alas such is the world. Percentage of reproductions is currently about 10% but I suspect there are some more as not all badges have yet been commented on so I am not sure where we will get to in the end. In any case thanks for participating in the selection process and helping me out. Much appreciated! Cheers, Tom